Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Journey From Toronto to Pohang-Si South Korea

After 19+ hours of traveling, I arrived in Seoul at approx. 4 pm Nov 16. I managed to get to my hotel room which was in a unmarked building. This was the first hotel I've been to in South Korea, so I thought it would be like a hotel in Canada or anywhere else. This hotel didn't really have a front desk. It had an admin office on the 9th floor of a large building. Luckily, at least one person there spoke English, so she helped me get settled. Below are pictures of my room...not too shabby







The next morning, I took a bus from the airport to Daegu, a city near Pohang. These are some photos I took from the bus.








This is the Office of Education in Daegu





I met one of my co-teachers, Ms. Jeong, who took me to E-mart...



where we ate lunch. In E-mart, the food/dishes are in a display case. You pick the number/name of the dish you want and pay at the counter.

Fake Korean food never looked so good...





Real Korean food




Then, we went to her husband's cafe, "Sleepless in Seattle"







We then drove to Pohang and I got settled in my apartment and met all my co-teachers and colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment